Intro to Flying Pole Workshop
Come fly with us! This class is suitable for polers at a Pre-Intermediate level and up. Join your instructor for an hour of individualized instruction on the Flying Pole, a pole that hangs from a swivel on the ceiling and rotates around the rigging point. This apparatus adds a whole new dimension to your pole practice. The workshop will focus on the fundamentals of building momentum and spin play, as well as grounding tactics to completely control the pole. Spots are extremely limited.
Take your expertise to the next level with Ecole de Pole’s Beginner/Elementary accredited training course. Based on functional teaching methodology written by champion poler Justine McLucas, participants will develop a high skill level in technical instruction, pole grips and tricks, ways to correct technique, building strength and flexibility, with an emphasis on safety and injury prevention to support students throughout their pole journey.
Suitable as an instructor training tool, for new or experienced teachers, the courses provide insight and skills for the pole dancer wishing to further their own personal understanding of the mechanics of pole movement to apply improved techniques to their pole training as well.
Beginner EDP Certification Course is a two-day training approved by Fitness Australia, the ACE (American Council on Exercise) and PDC (Pole Dance Community UK, Europe, USA) .
The course content includes:
- Principles of Pole Fitness
- How to structure a Beginner Class
- Muscles & Anatomy
- Health and Safety
- Teaching Methodology
- Dance Aspects such as counting, phrasing, musicality, rhythm, and imagery
- Contraindications and how to adapt tricks accordingly
- Technique of Beginner tricks & spins including the muscles used, progressions and regressions, teaching points, safety, spotting, and correcting students
- Functional methods of teaching pole tricks
- Mechanics of Beginner spinning pole
- Pole Conditioning both on and off the pole
- Flexibility training for Beginner classes as well as the importance of stretching for balanced fitness
6 months pole training recommended
Jan 23rd, 12-6 pm – Jan 24th 12-6 pm
Practical demonstration and Theory Exam to be completed during the weekend
Digital Manual included.
Pay in full: $499
Payment plan: 2 payments of $262.50
REFUND POLICY & COVID-19 UPDATE:
Trainings are non-refundable, but transferable. Should you need to cancel, or should your training be rescheduled or cancelled due to covid-19 (or other unforeseen circumstances) you will be given the option to transfer to your new date, or can receive a Ecole de Pole Cleveland credit for the cost of your training. We would be thrilled to help place you in a future training!