Things to Know:
We are certain you will love train with us at Ecole de Pole Cleveland!
Here are a few tips and things to know about the studio and making your booking to ensure you come prepared and have the best time in your classes with us.
Remember, students attend classes to gain strength NOT because they already have it!
Our team is dedicated to working with you from the first time you come in the door (or we meet you on your computer screen) to help you progress and meet your fitness goals. We look forward to guiding you in your Ecole de Pole fitness journey!
FACILITIES AND PARKING:
- We have cubbies to place your belongings. We also have restrooms and a shower facility if needed. (These are currently unavailable for use due to COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols)
- Parking is free at the parking meters on West 9th after 6 PM Monday-Thursday as well as Friday from 6p-9p, Saturday until 9pm and all day Sunday. Please pay attention to special parking restrictions posted during special events downtown. You are allowed to park in the Leasing Office spaces and Constantino’s spaces FOR FREE AT ANY TIME granted that there are spots available. Please try to park on the street first though. There is plenty of parking available.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for class so you can get settled in, meet your instructor, and get comfortable before you start. Make sure you read the Terms & Conditions as well as Health & Safety Regulations on checkout and before you to come to your first class. Detailed information on our COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocol can be found here.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- For pole classes you should wear shorts or pole shorts and a tank top or t-shirt (heels or bare feet depending on which class you are taking). It is recommended to bring warm up gear like leggings or track pants and sweaters for the warm up in any Dance and Fitness class.
- DO NOT USE LOTION OR OILS the day of your pole class. This will make it extremely difficult to grip the pole and will be frustrating for you. Wash off any excess moisturizer BEFORE coming to class. Our studio boutique does carry Dry Hands and homemade grip for purchase if you’d like additional assistance with grip. Please ask at the front desk for more details.
- For Flexibility, Stretch, or Acro Yoga classes simply wear normal workout attire.
- For Aerial Yoga please wear leggings and clothing without metal, velcro, or zippers.
- ALL jewelry, no matter what kind, will need to be removed before all class types.
- Please be sure to complete a waiver HERE before your class.
- Bookings must be made in advance online. We cannot reserve a place or guarantee there is room for you in the class without payment online or through the Mindbody App beforehand. If you are having any difficulties with booking, please call or email email@example.com so we can assist.
- We DO NOT offer refunds, so please check your booking before purchase. You can re-schedule your class to another session on Mind Body with at least 24 hours notice, pertaining to the Terms & Conditions of your purchase type. While every effort is made to ensure that your class or workshops commence as planned, Ecole de Pole Cleveland reserves the right to cancel or revise any course time or instructor as necessary. If a class is cancelled, students will be notified. Every effort will be made to find an alternative class in lieu of any cancelled session.
- Further information on classes and our schedule can be found here.
- If you are an instructor at another pole studio please disclose this before booking & contact the office as a surcharge may be applied of up to 15% per class.
HOW TO FIND US:
- Our address is 1278 West 9th St, Cleveland, 44113. You can access our entrance ONLY from West 9th St NOT from West 10th St below.
- The studio is located INSIDE the Bingham Apartment Building Lobby. We DO NOT have outdoor signage.
- The street entrance to our studio is framed by a parking lot and Constantino’s Market which is located directly off West 9th St with the Bingham Apartment Building directly behind it. Between Constantino’s Market and the parking lot is a brick arch with ‘BINGHAM’ inscribed on top. The doors to access the studio can be found by following the street under this arch. (Parking is available here against the building) Follow signs for the BINGHAM LEASING OFFICE which will lead you to the second doorway on the left down that street. Once you enter those doors, we will be the first doors on the left up the stairs BEFORE you reach the doorman. Please call if you have any issues finding us and we will direct you from where you are! 216-795-5575
Perfect way to celebrate the BACHELORETTE’s (or the BACHELOR’S) big day or a BIRTHDAY! A Pole Dancing Party!
All party classes include a full fun warm up, pole tricks, spins, a sexy routine, and cool down. You are welcome to bring snacks & nonalcoholic drinks. We also offer Aerial Yoga and Acro Yoga Parties as well!
Contact us to see if your desired date and time is available before you book.
Not only do we regularly have some of the best champion Pole Stars from around the globe visiting us to share their amazing pole knowledge, we often also hold fun other workshops such as Twerk & Booty Popping, Burlesque, Latin, Belly Dance, Ballet, Hoola Hoop or Aerial skills, or one off Spinning Pole lessons, Ecole de Pole invites regular leading performers from the industry to give you the chance to experience many different styles of dance, movement and show experiences! Make sure you check both the regular class schedule and workshops tab on MindBody for Guest and In House workshops.
Our Guests: Marlo Fisken, Saulo Sarmiento, Natasha Wang, Karol Helms, Alethea Austin, Michelle Shimmy, Maddie Sparkle, Michelle Stanek, Anastasia Sukhrotova, Evgeny Greshilov, Hanka Venselaar, Sasja Fierce, Amanda Rose, Samantha Star, Dakota Fox, Sammy Lee, Suzie Q & Toby J, Oona Kivela, Carlie Hunter, Amy Hazel, Amber Ray, Marion Crampe, Heidi Coker, Nadia Shariff, Gal BePole.. to name a few!
One to one coaching (also available as 2 to 1 or shared as a three or small group of 4) – tailored to your own specific needs and goals with you and the instructor! All our instructors are available to book for privates, please contact us to enquire about availability and book a private lesson.
A chance to jam around on the poles, see what others are doing and meet fellow addicted polers at the studio! You can treat the group as a test audience and have a chance to practice in front of a group for an upcoming comp or show.. workshop insta and youtube combos… get together with your friends from your technique and sexy classes! ALL WELCOME! Bring along a friend you want to introduce to pole so they can see what it’s all about and meet some of the EDP Family!
We also regularly host STUDENT SHOWCASES & PARTIES in local venues around Cleveland often in conjunction with our Pole Camps, where you can try out performing in a non judgmental and non competitive environment – plus be treated to some fantastic shows by other students and instructors too! Ecole de Pole often supports a charity at the jams and showcases. Keep an eye on the Ecole de Pole Cleveland Facebook page and the general class schedule for upcoming POLE JAMS and SHOWCASES!
Ecole de Pole founder, Justine McLucas, also created the super successful “Eat Sleep Pole Retreat” Pole Camps that started in 2012 in Barcelona, and have since run 2-3 camps EVERY YEAR in different locations such as Mallorca, Poland, Singapore and London (and from 2017 a new one in Thailand too!) There are always groups for Intermediate level polers, and the Advanced/ pro’s separate to give everyone the opportunity to come along no matter what your poling level!
The Ecole de Pole Camps are known for their star worthy instructor line ups, off the hook parties and activities, bringing polers from across the globe together to enjoy training and holidaying with like minded people! Guys and Girls all welcome – and there are always packages allowing you to bring your non-poling hubby’s/ boyf’s/ kids or friends too so they can join in on the activities and showcases whilst you holiday together! Check out the Pole Camp page for more info on upcoming camps this year! Our Regular pole camps in the London Studio include EASTER and SUMMER every year, plus an overseas one in an exotic location!
Book one of our Acrobatic & Artistic Pole & Dance Performers and you can also RENT a STAGE POLE for an act or event.
Have us perform at your event or teach workshops in your studio: pole dancing, contortion, lyrical or contemporary pole, dance & choreography, hand balancing, acro yoga, and more. Contact us directly for more information.
We rent out our studios for private rentals by the hour (for photo shoots / rehearsals etc). We do not rent our studios for others to run their own classes that we currently offer on our class schedule, however.
We also rent out X-Stages for events so contact us for more info on having Pole at your event.