TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Bookings are not final until payment is received in full.
Cancellations may be made up to 24 hours prior. If made under 24 hours before the start time of the class, you will be charged a $15 fee. This applies even if you have booked with under 24 hours before your class. No transfers between students are allowed. We do not allow refunds however you will be able to re-book the same value class for another time within the time frame of your credit limit period. Students who do not attend due to illness, injury, pregnancy, personal or professional commitments, or unforeseen circumstances without providing 24 hours notice, do not have the right to credits or transfers.
Memberships and Contracts
- The membership will automatically renew an exact month after the date of purchase. It will renew on that same date every following month. The charge may pend on weekends or bank holidays.
- You must have a valid credit card on file and agree to monthly automatic payments as well as any fees that may apply (i.e. no-show, late cancellation, etc.)
- If your card is declined, you will be charged the applicable termination fee listed below.
- Members are allowed to suspend their membership for up to 2 consecutive months once within their contract. If suspending contract it will add on 1 or 2 more months on to your contract depending on how long you suspend it for.
- You may not use the classes in your membership to pay for another person’s class. Your membership is your membership.
- Your classes do not roll over for the following month. You must use up your monthly classes in the allotted amount of time lest risk losing those classes. No exceptions.
- You will receive percentages off merchandise and in-house workshops with your membership. Exact amounts vary per membership.
- Late cancellations (within 24 hours of the class) or no-shows result in deficiency to the business. A late cancellation fee of $15 for nonmembers or $10 for members will apply and be charged to your card on file.
Cancellation or Termination of your Membership:
Please see your membership agreement terms and conditions for specific information regarding your cancellation fees. Cancellations or changes to your membership must be submitted in writing, by email to the studio, or by speaking to management at the front desk 30 days prior to cancellation date.
Guest and In-House Workshops
May not be cancelled at any point, and no refunds will be given. Reservations are non-transferable.
Pole Camps/ Retreats
We will deduct a £75 administration fee when you cancel, in addition to the following costs:
- 8-12 weeks before departure = 50% of total cost
- 4-8 weeks before departure = 75% of total cost
- 0-4 weeks before departure = 100% of total cost
Reservations on Camps are Non-Transferable
Changes and Cancellations by Us
While every effort is made to ensure that your course/ class/ retreat or workshops commences as planned, Ecole de Pole reserves the right to cancel or revise any course time or instructor as necessary. If a class is cancelled, students will be notified and if no reasonable alternative class can be found for the same week, we will extend your payment option by an additional week. Every effort will be made to find an alternative class in lieu of any cancelled session. Refunds will be offered in exceptional circumstances. Refunds on Pole Camps will be offered only in cases of death or permanent incapacitating injury. Illness/ dance/ accidental injuries or work commitments will not warrant a refund on Pole Camps.
Please refer to our online SHIPPING & RETURNS information for full details of delivery information and policy on refunds and returns for merchandise and shop items. In studio items and sales are nonrefundable.
All coursework, class and workshop material including choreography, routines, class formats, and written materials of any such kind relating to Ecole de Pole, as well as course descriptions from our web site, newsletters and written summaries of course routines, remain the property of Ecole de Pole, and may not be forwarded, copied or reproduced in any way, physical or written, or performed outside of the School, without prior consent from the school Director.
Website and Quote Descriptions
All website and quote descriptions are made in good faith and every care is taken to ensure their accuracy and is always confirmed by email. However, errors may occasionally occur. We cannot accept any liability for any errors or omissions if we are not notified immediately upon receipt of the email confirmation. We reserve the right to make changes to and correct errors in our website and quotes at any time.
Shopping on our site is safe! Our order processing system uses 128 bit High-grade encryption, so that when you provide us with any personal information including your name, address, e-mail, it is processed over a secure connection on secure servers. We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL) to encrypt all information you provide before sending it to our servers. SSL is the industry standard and the best software available for secure eCommerce transactions. To protect your financial information and to combat against Identity fraud, we use Paypal and Optimal Payments.
Health and Safety
Before taking part in any physical activity with us at Ecole de Pole, all students are required to complete a client information sheet and sign a disclaimer.
If you have doubts about your physical well-being or know that you are pregnant, please inform your instructor before engaging in any type of activity. If you are booking on behalf of a group, please check with all your guests and advise of any injuries or if anyone is pregnant. They will be required to sign a disclaimer on site before commencing the class. You must correctly follow instructions given by our instructors at all times and failure to do so may result in instruction being stopped without recourse.
Smoke & Gum Free Policy
Ecole de Pole insists on a smoke-free environment both for the health of our staff and guests.
For personal hygiene, and to avoid risk of choking gum is forbidden during all classes.
We reserve the right to terminate your arrangements with us if your behavior or that of any members in the booking is likely in our opinion to cause distress, damage, danger, or to annoy customers, other members of the party, employees, property or anyone else. If you arrive for lessons or parties clearly under the influence of alcohol or drugs you will not be permitted to continue and you will not be able to complete your arrangements with us and further will not be liable for any refund or compensation or any costs you have to pay.